10 September 2011

Symbol project

The second project for my design class is to draw an everyday objext. Once we have this object drawn in a realistic style our challenge is to turn it into a symbol. We’ll do two things to do this. We’ll make a hand done drawing with india ink and we’ll make a vector version of the india ink drawing.
The symbol is to be all black and white.
For my symbol I’ve chosen a lamp in my house. It’s the typical shape of a lamp you’d imagine. It has a cylindrical shade, a metal base and a metal pull chain that hangs down past the shade.
At this stage I’ve completed the realistic drawing and will start on the symbol shortly.
My lamp

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, again, be sure to post images of your work. (both the drawing and the symbol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posts, but also include your work and examples of Kidd's work.

    ReplyDelete